Miguel Gonzalez Appreciation Tread

weams

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the great injustices in Orioles history is Game 3 of the 2012 ALDS. If Adam Jones doesn't misplay a fly ball into a triple, Gonzo could have had a complete game shutout. In Yankee freaking Stadium. Instead, the score is 2-1, Jim Johnson blows the lead and Miggy gets a no-decision.

I posted this about a week ago:

Someone's daughter at my synagogue babysits for him. He's very very generous. I hope he can turn it around, we really need him. But in the end if it's not to be at least he can look back on his career with pride. An important part of several good Orioles' squad's and he pitched very well in the playoffs (1.42 ERA in 12.2 Innings)

One of the great injustices in Orioles history is Game 3 of the 2012 ALDS. If Adam Jones doesn't misplay a fly ball into a triple, Gonzo could have had a complete game shutout. In Yankee freaking Stadium. Instead, the score is 2-1, Jim Johnson blows the lead and Miggy gets a no-decision.

Definitely my favorite Miguel memory even though we lost the game. Went head-to-head against Kuroda and the Yankees, dropping splitters all night long, absolutely deserved to win that game.

Other favorite memory was his first and only complete game shutout in 2014. One of many magical moments from a magical season.

Archived